Meta Shame

Meta Shame

by Pratibha Anand

Shame researchers
Teaching
Shame resilience
Advocates
Promulgating
Petitioning
Picketing
Promoting
Crusaders campaigning
Veritable movements for change
Acceptance

I've grown up in an era
Of me too
You too
Equality
Freedom
We're in this together
Blind to
Race
Color
Ethnicity
Age
Disability
Sex
Orientation

Blind also
To our real experiences
Our lived realities
Our stuffed down feelings
Insecurities
Inadequacies
Imperfections
Imposter syndrome

Feel no shame
Feel guilt
Feel nothing at all

Yet I continue to feel shame.

About my

Body.
Appearance.
Family.
Motherhood.
Parenting.
Career.
Money.
Health.
Sex.
Aging.
Spirituality.
Needs.
Desires.
Hopes.
Decisions.
Past.

And I feel shame for feeling that shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hole

Nothing Sounds Like I Think It Will